Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hello Again


Wow!  Where has time gone??  When I realized that I hadn't posted anything here since May I was shocked!  At first, I thought I wouldn't have that much to share, but when I began looking for projects to photograph, I realized that I have actually been doing a good bit of crafting.  I can't help but craft, it's in my blood, and I love it.

Here's what I've been up to:


In June we traveled to New York to visit my sister Mary.  We spent time in upstate New York as well as 3 days in New York City.  We had a great time.  Our niece Olivia joined us from Topeka and having her along was a joy! These beautiful peonies were blooming in Mary's front yard.  I sure wish we could grow peonies in Louisiana.

Work continues on the banner project.  I have stitched down most of  the letters and added beading.

These are the various elements laid out before stitching.

These letters are stitched on and beaded.
Some up close views of the beading:



 I thought I was done with my  crocheted rag rug, but I decided to add another few rows of a green colored sheet, and here is how it is coming along:


A close up view of the new rag color with a little help from Phoebe:

 

My Dear Husband gave me a subscription to Cloth Paper Scissors magazine for Valentine's Day and I just love it.  So many awesome Mixed Media projects by super creative artists.  You should check it out.  I saw this project in a recent issue and decided to give it a try.  These are called Word Birds and they are so fun to make, and a great way to stash bust.   I picture my Christmas Tree covered in them!
Wouldn't that be cute?


 My Dear Husband's sweet Grandmother, Ruby died last year at age 98.  She was an amazing lady, and we miss her a lot.  As we went through her house to get it ready to sell I found numerous pins and brooches.  I wanted to do something special with some of her pins as a momento for my niece Magan, and here is what I came up with:


 
These are sardine tins!  They were so fun to make, and the pin can be removed and worn if the mood strikes.  There are bits of vintage lace and pattern paper that came from her house also.


 I got this awesome watercolor set recently and I've had a ball with them.  Here are some of my attempts at watercolor painting: 


And that is what I've been up to!  I hope you are having a fun and creative summer too.  Isn't it fun to make stuff?  Until next time, I wish you happy crafting.  Know that you are loved.

One last picture, a recent one I took with my iphone to show my new longer hair!  I haven't cut it since December and I'm loving my curls.


Bye for now,
      Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment